Tuesday, October 30, 2012

YUP ...Finally!

Ok, excuses or not, this is long overdue, and I feel like I failed so I put it off some more!  But today I will post, in the middle of the week, ...so I can move on:)
 
Makyah and Izzy often hang out on the top bunk, and here they were both looking pretty cute:)  Izzy turned one on the 26th, and we are so lucky she came into our lives!
I made an Ikea run to finally get my couch cover and took the girls, Paisley and my mom with.  We decided to stop at the MOA for a short time, so the girls could have fun too!
 
We took a quick picture with Sponge Bob!

 
and ate at the Rainforest cafe with CHI CHI!

 
A few weeks ago it was dentist time...and you guessed it Cams had another cavity!  I don't know what we are doing wrong, the dentist even said she could tell she was brushing well...so what did we do after the filling...we went to Cherry Berry.  The girls begged to take me there, and I must say it was worth the trip!
 
It was conference time at school again, and we are such lucky parents to have such good girls. Both teachers said the girls were smart, kind and good friends to all!  They both also said it was even difficult to pick goals and that they should just keep doing what they are doing.  Makyah's teacher said, " she is basically like Mary Poppins...she pretty much has it all"  She also said " good job mom and dad".  Leaving, I thought to myself, yes I am proud of the parents we are, we may not always parent the conventional way, but it seams to be working and it truly shows in the girls! 
 SO proud...I only hope this lasts forever!
Cambree mentioned to me last year that she was not going to get an art project back right away, and visiting the school I now know why!  She had her art project framed and on the wall at the entry of Sam Davey.  I could not believe she did not make a big deal about this...the painting was amazing, she doesn't know how talented and humble she is! 
Again, I am SO proud!


Yes we finally carved pumpkins...the girls had been asking since October started!  This year Makyah wanted to do everything herself...so she did and I must admit, pretty good!  Cams needed some help from Dad but of course had hercarving idea ...a vampire bat!



Making a plan...



The final products!
 
At work last week we had a drive in movie.  The kids decorated boxes to look like cars and we watched a movie  up on the wall...super fun and we are still playing in our cars at home!
 
 
Well that catches us up for now!  Halloween is tomorrow and although I love it, the girls are driving me crazy in anticipation.  Can't wait for candy bars and DOTS!  Happy Halloween!
I promise to post again this weekend!  Don't forget to check out the updates on the remod!
♥The Lokkens♥

No comments: